The Young Adult Program is committed to helping young adults learn to work independently and become productive members of the community by expanding the walls of classroom learning.
- One-on-one job coaching
- Worksite placement opportunities within the student’s own community
- Independent employment settings
- Work evaluations to allow for strengthening of employability skills
- Assistance with job development:
- Job searching
- Resume building
- Interview techniques
5177 West Main St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
422 E. South St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Work-Based Learning is an opportunity for students to receive on-the-job training. Students will improve:
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Employability skills
- Student motivation, dependability and reliability
- Attendance and graduation rates
- Supports IEP/transition goals
- Emphasizes independence, safety and personal development skills
- Navigates community and identifies transportation needs/options
- Promotes connection to community agencies
- Outlines expected workplace behaviors: attendance, feedback, following directions
Students are matched with a worksite located within Kalamazoo County. Student interest and preferences are taken into account for all assignments.
With 30 employer partners throughout the county, placements are available in a variety of employment settings. Examples include:
- Food industry
- Medical Facilities
- Pet Care