Kalamazoo RESA's Plan for DiversityKalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency (Kalamazoo RESA) is designed for and committed to providing educational support and regulatory services to all the public and nonpublic schools and the public school academies within its legal boundaries. Kalamazoo RESA also provides educational leadership and acts as a proactive educational force in Southwest Michigan.
Kalamazoo RESA's mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational services to educators and learners through leadership, collaboration and support. To help achieve this mission, it is imperative that Kalamazoo RESA provides an inclusive and diverse environment that will encourage original thought, innovation and quality programs and services.
Participate in the 2023-24 Equity Speaker Series, 10-Part Learning Series and continued Google Classroom Learning Opportunity
The KRESA Instructional Services & Community Supports department along with the KRESA ABAR Team are thrilled to be able to share in the opportunity to learn from experts focused on Reimagining Education for All: Listening to Voices from the Margins.
- Check out the Equity Series Landing Page for featured speakers, dates, times, resources and the link to register.
- The 10-Part Learning Series focused on Beliefs, Behaviors and Ways of Being will have resources available to department administrators or designated facilitators to cultivate a positive, welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all built upon anti-bias/anti-racist principles. If this interests you, please talk to your administrator about the opportunity.
- Participation in the Google Classroom ~ This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewel during the 2023-24 school year will remain open as an option.
Participants will be taken on a journey of learning on “How to wake up, take action, and do the work” of anti-racism personally and collectively. More than learning practice, pedagogy, or approach, this learning series is about critical self reflection and connection. Through the guidance of Jewell’s writing, This Book is Anti-Racist participants will engage in learning around identity, belonging, agency and action for anti-racism in our lives, our professional settings, and our broader community. Participation in the reading, reflection, equity speaker series and community workshops and activities will support building common language, opportunities for practice and direct application of learning. Check out; About this Journey for more information and to join the Google Classroom with your colleagues.
ABAR Leadership TeamThe Kalamazoo RESA Anti-Bias Anti-Racism (ABAR) Leadership Team exists to analyze and transform institutional policies, procedures, and systems to promote accountability within KRESA and the greater Kalamazoo community. We are working to embody the values of an anti-bias, anti-racist service organization. The team’s purpose is to collaborate with others, promote organizational change, and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion as we seek to fulfill our core values:
For more information about inclusion and diversity at Kalamazoo RESA, or to join the committee, contact one of our Team Coordinators:
- Collaboration: We work together
- Innovation: We find a better way
- Compassion: We lead with heart
- Trustworthy: We act with integrity
- Respect: We value all people
Documents & Resources