• Substitute Teachers

    EDUStaff Enrollment

    Kalamazoo RESA does not directly employ substitute teachers. EDUStaff is the employer that coordinates most substitute services. Please go to the EDUStaff website to start an application. If you have any questions, please contact EDUStaff directly at 877-974-6338.
    EDUStaff enrollment is required for all substitute teachers working in the following Kalamazoo County school districts:

    • Edu StaffClimax-Scotts
    • Comstock
    • Galesburg-Augusta 
    • Gull Lake
    • Kalamazoo Public
    • Kalamazoo RESA
    • Parchment
    • Portage
    • Schoolcraft
    • Vicksburg
    Qualifications for All Substitute Teachers in Kalamazoo County, MI:
    • 60 credit hours from a 2 or 4-year accredited college or university
    • Official college transcript (copy of official transcript is acceptable) OR
    • A Michigan teaching certificate. If certificate is expired, you are eligible for a substitute permit. 

    Qualifications for Substitute Paraprofessional in Kalamazoo County, MI:

    • High School diploma, GED or equivalent
    • Willingness to work with students


    Kalamazoo County schools and students need you!  Consider becoming a Subsitute for our schools!

    • Flexible schedule to accept assignments as you want
    • Sub in the districts of your choice-work in your child or grandchild's school
    • Make a positive difference in your community
    • Get a foot in the door at a school district as your potential future employer
    • If you like variety, EDUStaff offers a range of opportunities which are customizable to your comfort level and experience