- Kalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency
- Kalamazoo RESA News & Events
Kalamazoo RESA Honors Outstanding Seniors in Its High School Programs
Kalamazoo RESA honored 76 Kalamazoo County high school seniors at the 36th annual Outstanding Senior Awards Breakfast on Thursday, May 5, 2022, at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Outstanding Seniors, who were nominated for this honor by their teachers, were recognized for their academic achievements in their respective programs, including Kalamazoo RESA’s Career and Technical Education (CTE), Education for the Arts (EFA) and Early/Middle College (EMC) programs.
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) equips students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and hands-on training necessary to succeed in well-paying, high-demand careers.
- Education for the Arts (EFA) strives to enhance arts education for all students in Kalamazoo County, making dance, music, theater, literary, media and visual arts an essential part of a comprehensive education.
- Early/Middle College (EMC) is an innovative program that gives students the opportunity to earn an associate degree or certificate with an additional year of high school.
CTE, EFA and EMC consist of approximately 3,000 students across Kalamazoo County from more than 30 high school programs.
The audience also listened to inspirational speeches given by former alumni of the CTE and EFA programs. The Outstanding Senior Address guest speakers included former EFA student Maximilian Clark, now a Lead Producer at Walter Masterson Productions, and former CTE student Chase Stenger, who currently works as a Machine Repair Apprentice at Pfizer.
“This year marks the 36th annual event where we gather to celebrate outstanding academic achievements and award students with scholarships provided by our generous donors,” said Cameron Buck, Executive Director of Career & Technical Education at Kalamazoo RESA. “To be honored as an outstanding senior is an incredible accomplishment and these students, families and educators should be proud of this esteemed recognition.”
According to Buck, the Outstanding Senior Awards is a collaborative effort between many partners, including public and non-public school districts, Kalamazoo RESA, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Western Michigan University and multiple local businesses.
The graduating high school seniors worked diligently in the classroom, as well as the local community, and were rewarded for their efforts. In addition to being publicly recognized for their outstanding performance, college scholarship recipients were also announced at the event.
KALAMAZOO RESA’S 2022 OUTSTANDING SENIOR AWARDS RECIPIENTS
Climax-Scotts High School
Comstock High School
Galesburg-Augusta High School
Gull Lake High School
Gull Lake Virtual Partnership
Hackett Catholic Central
Kalamazoo Central High School
Loy Norrix High School
Parchment High School
Portage Central High School
Portage Northern High School
Schoolcraft High School
Vicksburg High School
OUTSTANDING SENIOR AWARDS DONORS
Scholarship & World of Work Donors
- Alpha, Delta, Kappa
- AVB, Inc.
- Burdick Thorne Foundation
- Don and Ann Parfet
- Global Clinical Connections
- Jack and Sue Martin
- Kalamazoo Area Retired School Personnel
- Kalamazoo New Car Dealers Assoc.
- Kalamazoo Rotary Club
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- OnStaff, USA
- Portage Education Foundation
- World of Work, Barbara Ann Page
Kalamazoo RESA Foundation Donors
- Barbara Hawthorne Memorial
- Bronson Methodist Hospital & Kalamazoo RESA Gayl F. Werme Memorial
- Burdick-Thorne Foundation
- Dr. Robert & Ruth VanderRoest
- Dr. W. Craig & Diane Misner
- Eaton Corporation
- Education for Employment Retired Staff
- Fabri-Kal Foundation
- Gary Rice Memorial
- Home Builders Association of Western Michigan
- Irv & Alberta Cumming
- Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
- Jack and Sue Martin
- Jeanne Webster Memorial
- Kalamazoo RESA Board of Education
- Larry & Rose Wile
- Miller-Davis Company
- Nate Pollard Memorial
- Paul & Betts Wollam/Stephanie Jo Harris Memorial
- Robert C. Thompson Memorial
- Sergeant Lisa Zuk Memorial
- Stairway to a Career
- Tammi Mallos Memorial
- Tele-City Information Highway
- Tom & Marsha Conor
- W. Jack & Dr. Nanette Keiser
- Walter B. Forbes Aviation