1501 East Milham Avenue, Portage, MI 49002WoodsEdge Learning Center is a special education center-based school that provides service to all nine districts within Kalamazoo County.Students who attend WoodsEdge Learning Center are between the ages of 3 and 18 years of age.Mission
We are an innovative school dedicated to developing independence in our students.
VisionA community without barriers.Mission in Action
1. WE are committed to making sure that every student has a way to communicate.
2. WE allow students TIME to do things independently.
3. WE ask: What am I doing for my students that they could do for themselves.
4. We use state-of-the-art technology to foster independence.
5. WE implement evidence-based practices.
6. WE use a team approach.
7. WE recognize each student as a unique individual with unique strengths and needs.
8. WE focus on three core skills: Communication, Safety, Independence