• Request for Hearing Testing

    Identifying hearing loss at a very early age is important as children with hearing loss often fall behind their peers in the areas of speech and language development, cognitive and social skills.
    School Personnel: If you are a Kalamazoo County school employee (teacher, school psychologist, and/or speech language pathologist) and suspect a Kalamazoo County student has a hearing loss, you can make a referral for a free hearing test to the Kalamazoo RESA Audiology Clinic by submitting the “Request for Hearing Test” form to your district supervisor. The request will then be forwarded to the Kalamazoo RESA educational audiologist who will contact the parents to schedule an appointment.

    Parents: If you are a Kalamazoo County resident who suspects your school-age child has a hearing loss, a referral can be submitted through your child’s teacher, speech pathologist or school psychologist.  Parents with children under the age of five can make a referral by contacting Kalamazoo RESA’s Great Start at (269) 250-9649.

    Request for More Information:

    If you have concerns related to a child or young adult with a documented hearing loss, please contact Titania Lee, Special Education Department, by email or by calling (269) 250-9448 to discuss a possible screening by a Teacher Consultant for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing.