Can I Enroll My Child in Pre-K Today? The Answer is Yes!
We hope to continue programming as close to normal as we can with enhanced safety protocols. However, information continues to unfold, and circumstances continue to change. If the plan to reopen with increased safety procedures is unable to happen, we will communicate an alternative plan as soon as possible.
Check out our Return to Learn Plan for details!
Questions? Need help? Call (269) 250-9333
What Pre-K Programs are Available?
Kalamazoo County PRE-K is made up of the following programs:
- Head Start – Federally-funded education for eligible 3- and 4-year-olds
- Kalamazoo County Ready 4s – Private and public early childhood providers for 3- and 4-year-olds
- Great Start Readiness Program – State-funded PRE-K programs for eligible 4-year-olds
- All Kalamazoo County PRE-K programs are licensed by the state of Michigan.
- All programs offer a joyful, intentional, life-changing education through a high-quality curriculum that includes positive social skill development and a variety of social and learning activities.
- All programs offer parent and family activities.
- Programs for four-year-olds include the use of Chromebooks.
- All programs use a common pre-K application (Spanish) with documentation of the child's age and residency and the parent's income to determine a child's eligibility.
What Precautions Are You Taking Against COVID-19?
Our first priority is your child’s health and safety. We are working hard to protect our students, families and staff, and have taken extra precautions, including:
- the use of safety equipment such as Personal Protection Equipment (PPE),
- monitoring symptoms of COVID-19,
- practicing social distancing when possible, and
- proper hygiene and sanitation.
What Do I Need to Apply?
According to new guidelines, all children must be:
*Placement may be prioritized for children who will be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.Please, check the required paperwork for pre-K registration.You could also download a hard copy of the 2021-2022 pre-K application here.Completed applications and required documents may be sent to:Head StartAttn: Enrollment422 E. South St.Kalamazoo, MI 49007Fax: (269) 250-9868Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age-eligible for the 3-year-old programs.
- 4 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age-eligible for the 4-year-old programs.