Unleash the Power of Pre-K! Enroll today!
You may be wondering if you should enroll your children in preschool this year due to the health and safety risks of face-to-face learning. The answer to your question is YES!
We are currently finishing our Preparedness and Response Plan so children may return to school safely. Once it is complete, it will be available online through our website and social media platforms. We have planned ahead for enhanced cleaning and hygiene practices.
We are also waiting on guidance for the opportunity to provide an all virtual option for preschool students. If this is possible, we want to make sure that your child is enrolled and has a spot to take part in a virtual option. Completing your child’s enrollment will also allow you the choice to send your child to school when in-person preschool is available and your family is ready.
You can apply online, or by submitting a paper copy of your application to the secure mailbox at our office. If you have questions or need help applying, please call 269-250-9333.
Dear Pre-Kindergarten Family,
We're so excited to be a part of your child's next adventure! A quality pre-kindergarten (PRE-K) experience makes for a remarkable start and a major difference in a child's kindergarten preparation and success.Please be aware that according to new guidelines, all children must be:
*Placement may be prioritized for children who will be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.Kalamazoo County PRE-K is made up of the following programs:
- 3 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 3-year-old programs.
- 4 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 4-year-old programs.
- Head Start – Federally-funded education for eligible 3- and 4-year-olds
- Kalamazoo County Ready 4s – Private and public early childhood providers for 3- and 4-year-olds
- Great Start Readiness Program – State-funded PRE-K programs for eligible 4-year-olds
Questions? Need help? Call (269) 250-9333.Please, check the required paperwork for pre-K registration.You can fill out the 2020-2021 pre-K application online.Completed applications and required documents may be sent to:Head StartAttn: Enrollment422 E. South St.Kalamazoo, MI 49007Fax: (269) 250-9868Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Kalamazoo County PRE-K programs are licensed by the state of Michigan.
- All programs offer a joyful, intentional, life changing education through a high-quality curriculum that includes positive social skill development and a variety of social and learning activities.
- All programs offer parent and family activities.
- Programs for four-year-olds include the use of Chromebooks.
- All programs use a common pre-K application with documentation of the child's age and residency and the parent's income to determine a child's eligibility.