Dear Pre-Kindergarten Family,
We're so excited to be a part of your child's next adventure! A quality pre-kindergarten (PRE-K) experience makes for a remarkable start and a major difference in a child's kindergarten preparation and success.Please be aware that according to new guidelines, all children must be:
*Placement may be prioritized for children who will be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1.Kalamazoo County PRE-K is made up of the following programs:
- 3 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 3-year-old programs.
- 4 years old on or before December 1* in order to be age eligible for the 4-year-old programs.
- Head Start – Federally-funded education for eligible 3- and 4-year-olds
- Kalamazoo County Ready 4s – Private and public early childhood providers for 3- and 4-year-olds
- Great Start Readiness Program – State-funded PRE-K programs for eligible 4-year-olds
Questions? Need help? Call (269) 250-9333.Please, check the required paperwork for pre-K registration.You can fill out the 2019-2020 pre-K application online.Completed applications and required documents may be sent to:Head StartAttn: Enrollment422 E. South St.Kalamazoo, MI 49007Fax: (269) 250-9868Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Kalamazoo County PRE-K programs are licensed by the state of Michigan.
- All programs offer a joyful, intentional, life changing education through a high-quality curriculum that includes positive social skill development and a variety of social and learning activities.
- All programs offer parent and family activities.
- All programs use a common pre-K application with documentation of the child's age and residency and the parent's income to determine a child's eligibility.