The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) was established by the Michigan Mandatory Education Act to ensure parents have input into the development of the countywide plan for special education programs and services. Parents are nominated by their local boards of education and appointed by the Kalamazoo RESA board of education to serve a three-year term.
The 2017 PAC meeting schedule is as follows:
- September 7, 2017 noon-1:00 p.m.
- November 2, 2017 noon-1:00 p.m.
- January 11, 2018 noon-1:00 p.m.
- March 22, 2018 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- May 3, 2018 noon-1:00 p.m.
All meetings are held at Kalamazoo RESA, 1819 E. Milham Ave. Portage, MI 49002. Meetings are open to the public and parents are encouraged to attend.