Kalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency

Celebrating 20 Years Online 1996-2016

Request for Consultation  
Request for Hearing Testing: 
School Personnel:  If you suspect a Kalamazoo County student has a hearing loss, you can make a referral to the Kalamazoo RESA Audiology Clinic by submitting a “Request for Hearing Test” form to your district supervisor.  From there it will be forwarded to our educational audiologist who will contact the parents to schedule an appointment.
Parents:  If you are a Kalamazoo County resident who suspects your school-age child has a hearing loss, a referral can be submitted through your child’s teacher, speech pathologist, or school psychologist.  Parents with children under the age of five can make a referral by contacting Kalamazoo RESA’s Great Start at (269) 250-9641.
Request for More Information:
If you have concerns related to a child or young adult with a documented hearing loss, please contact Shelly Hawthorne, Special Education Department, by email or by calling (269) 250-9485 to discuss a possible screening by a Teacher Consultant for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing .