What is Coaching?
Coaching is a collaborative process that involves key players that support the student and educational team. This is achieved when the local district team and KRESA IST members work together regularly by laying out and implementing a strategic plan for student success. While the duration of coaching may vary teams typically collaborate for approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
The Coaching Model
There are 5 styles of coaching. We will implement one or more of the models and provide feedback for optimal student success.
- Observation: I observe you teach
- Demonstration: You observe me teach
- Side by Side: You teach, but I give you on-the-spot feedback
- Co-Observation: We go observe a highly skilled teacher
- Shadow: I teach it and you mimic me
Steps of Coaching
- Gathering Data