The examiners schedule offers Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday appointments at Loy Norrix High School or Kalamazoo Central High School. Typically we are booking 7-14 days in advance. Contact Kathy to schedule your appointment. Please call during business hours and leave a message at 269-906-0780 or email the application listed below to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Kalamazoo RESA provides Commercial Skills Test appointments at:
|Loy Norrix High School
606 E. Kilgore
Kalamazoo MI, 49001
:: Map ::
Kalamazoo Central High School
2432 N Drake Rd
Kalamazoo MI, 49006
Commercial Skills Test Application –find the application "HERE". Please email to email@example.com
As of 7/8/2015, your Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) must be held for 14 days before taking a skills test. The most recent Michigan Vehicle C.D.L. Skills Test Vehicle Inspection Memory Aid Download - Click "HERE"
Manual transmission must double clutch see 2.3.1 of Section 2 ands 13.1 (11&12) of Section 13 in the Commercial Driver License Manual.
Non Michigan residence must have an approved ATQN to proceed with the appointment.
Successful candidates will be issued a Drivers Skills Test Certificate. The certificate will be processed on the state database on your test date, but will not be recognized at the Secretary of State office until the day following your appointment.
Commercial Skill Test Appointment Rates and Policy
- Commercial Skills Test cannot be reserved with less than two business days (Monday- Friday) per the State of Michigan guidelines.
- Commercial Rates are as follows and must be paid at the beginning of the appointment by cash, check, or money order.
Class A $120.00 Class BC $100.00 Evaluation $200.00 Pupil Transportation Vehicles “S” endorsements $60.00
- Failing to arrive for an appointment can result in a $20.00 charge.
- Bring a Air Gauge and Tread Depth Gauge for use during the inspection.
- Arriving without proper documents (ex. Michigan Driver’s License with photo, Commercial Learners Permit, Current Proof of Insurance, and Registration) No refund available. You can reschedule one appointment for a $50.00 reschedule fee.
- Arriving with a vehicle that does not meet Department of State Vehicle Inspection safety criteria . No refund available. You can reschedule one appointment for a $50.00 reschedule fee.
- Class A, B and C applicants failing to meet the Department of States Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection (section 11 of the Michigan Commercial Driver's License Manual) are unable to continue the test. No refund is available. You may reschedule one skills tests appointment for a $50.00 reschedule fee.
- Pupil Transportation Vehicles “S” applicants failing to meet the Department of States Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection (section 11 of the Michigan Commercial Driver's License Manual) are unable to continue the test. School Transportation Department can reschedule an appointment.
- Applicants failing to meet the Department of States Basic Vehicle Control Skills Test (section 12) or On Road Driving Test (section 13) will not receive a refund or a reduced rate for additional appointments.
- Examiners will contact you by phone if your appointment is canceled due to poor weather conditions. If Kalamazoo Public Schools are CLOSED due to weather conditions, then the appointment MAY be canceled for unsafe driving conditions.