• Substitute Teachers

    EDUStaff Enrollment


    Kalamazoo RESA does not directly employ substitute teachers. EDUStaff is the employer that coordinates most substitute services. Please go to the EDUStaff website to start an application. If you have any questions, please contact EDUStaff at 877-974-6338.
    EDUStaff enrollment is required for all substitute teachers working in the following Kalamazoo County school districts:

    • Climax-Scotts
    • Comstock
    • Galesburg-Augusta 
    • Gull Lake
    • Kalamazoo Public
    • Kalamazoo RESA
    • Parchment
    • Portage
    • Schoolcraft
    • Vicksburg
    Qualifications for All Substitute Teachers in Kalamazoo County, MI:
    • 60 credit hours from a 2 or 4-year accredited college or university
    • Official college transcript (copy of official transcript is acceptable) OR
    • A Michigan teaching certificate. If certificate is expired, you are eligible for a substitute permit.