Since 2003, EFA has provided a bus transportation rebate for students attending fine arts and cultural events occurring in Kalamazoo County. The rebate program supports the attendance of more than 20,000 students annually at arts education events presented by EFA and select community partners.
Schools contribute a flat rate of $25 per bus round-trip and EFA reimburses the balance at the end of the school year.
Rebate Program Eligibility
- To be eligible, schools must be located within the Kalamazoo RESA service district and be a public K-8 school, an alternative education or special education program, or a private/parochial K-8 school that has opted-in to EFA programs.
- The EFA Bus Rebate typically does not apply to preschool or high school students unless classes are attending through an EFA Teaching Artist residency program (Aesthetic Education Program, Alternative Arts Initiative, or PACE Program.)
- Schools are responsible for a flat rate of $25 per bus round-trip. Schools pay their transportation invoices upon receipt and submit a rebate request to EFA. In June, the rebate program reimburses school districts for the total cost of the trip minus the required $25 per bus contribution.
- The rebate applies only to school bus transportation to pre-approved events in Kalamazoo County. It does not cover parking expenses, transportation via personal vehicles, out-of-county travel, or ineligible events.
- Contact EFA in advance if you have questions regarding eligibility. Not all events or schools are eligible.
Rebate Form and Instructions
- Print the 2023-2024 EFA Bus Rebate Form. Be sure to use the current year’s form not an older version.
- Remember to pay your transportation invoice in full upon receipt. EFA will not pay your transportation invoice directly.
- After an eligible field trip, submit: 1) a completed rebate form and 2) a copy of your bus transportation invoice. Submit one request per field trip to the address on the rebate form. Mail your paperwork via REMC or USPS (not email.)
- Rebate requests for the 2023-2024 school year must be received no later than Friday, June 7, 2027. Late requests cannot be reimbursed.
- Rebates will be paid at the end of the school year (June 2024).
- Checks will be issued to school districts rather than to individual schools, except for private schools or when a PTO needs to be reimbursed.
Remember to reserve buses with your own transportation department. EFA does not schedule or provide transportation.
Call Tanisha Gonzalez at (269) 250-9329.
This opportunity is supported in part by the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation.