Since 2003, EFA has provided bus transportation rebates to schools within the Kalamazoo RESA service area. The EFA Bus Transportation Rebate Program supports the participation of more than 20,000 students annually in professional, high-quality arts and cultural field trips offered by EFA and partnering arts organizations within Kalamazoo County.
Rebate Program Eligibility
- Participating schools are responsible for a flat rate of $25.00 per round-trip for each bus. The rebate program reimburses schools for the total cost of the trip minus the required $25.00 per bus contribution.
- The rebate applies only to school bus transportation. It does not cover parking expenses or transportation via cars or other personal vehicles.
- Eligible schools within the Kalamazoo RESA service area include public K-8, alternative education, and special education schools, as well as private K-8 schools that opt to participate in EFA programs. It does not apply to students in grades 9-12 enrolled in traditional high school settings, except for high school students attending a performance of Take Me To The River. . For 2017-2018, it also applies to preschool students only for performances of "The Polar Bears Go Up!".
Rebate Form and Instructions
- Print/Download an EFA Bus Rebate Form (PDF) with additional instructions on how to apply.
- After an eligible field trip, submit a completed rebate form and a copy of your bus transportation invoice. Submit one request for each event.
- Rebate requests must be received by Kris DeRyder no later than June 8, 2018. Late requests cannot be reimbursed.
- Rebates will be paid at the end of the school year (June 2018).
- Checks will be issued directly to school districts rather than to individual schools, except for private schools or when a PTO needs to be reimbursed.
- Remember to pay your transportation invoice in full upon receipt. EFA provides a rebate and will not pay transportation invoices directly.
Remember to make arrangements for your buses with your own district transportation department. EFA does not schedule or provide transportation.
This opportunity is supported in part by the Dorothy U. Dalton Foundation, the Harold and Grace Upjohn Foundation, and the Irving S. Gilmore Foundation.