What is 2Gen?
2Gen is a paid career exploration and pathway planning program for Kalamazoo families. During this 10-week program, youth ages 14-18 and an adult in their household will explore their strengths, set goals, learn about opportunities in the community, and build a network of support with other families. Additionally, adults will have the opportunity to connect with a career coach who can support with:
- Exploring a career path
- Building employability skills
- Finding training & educational opportunities
- Youth 14-18 and an adult in the household
- City of Kalamazoo Resident
- Able to commit to the 10 program sessions + orientation
- Able to commit 2-3 hours per week
When and where will the 2Gen Program take place?
Program sessions will take place at YOU - 422 E. South St. The program will take place on Tuesday evenings from 4:30-6:30. The program kicks off Tuesday, October 3rd and will end Tuesday, December 12th.
Applications to the 2Gen Program are now open! Click here to apply.
Check out our other programs!
- MyCITY - MyCITY is a seasonal youth employment program for young people ages 14 - 24 that serves as the gateway to paid internship and work experience.
- CareerNOW - CareerNOW is a free, hands-on, short-term career training program for individuals interested in obtaining an industry recognized credential.
“"It was so nice to learn alongside my kids and hear the things I have embedded in them being shared by other adults. I joined the program for them and realized I learned just as much!"”
— Past 2Gen participant