What is MyCITY 2Gen?
MyCITY 2Gen is a paid career exploration and pathway planning program for Kalamazoo families. During this 9- week program, youth ages 14-17 and an adult in their household will explore their strengths, set goals, learn about opportunities in the community, and build a network of support with other families. Additionally, the adults will have the opportunity to connect with a career coach who can support with:
- Exploring a career path
- Building employability skills
- Finding training & educational opportunities
- Youth 14-17 and an adult in the household
- City of Kalamazoo Resident
- Able to commit to the 9 program sessions + orientation
- Able to commit 2-3 hours per week
When and where will the MyCITY 2Gen Program take place?
All program sessions will take place at YOU- 422 E. South St. The program will take place weekly on Tuesdays with the program kicking off on Tuesday, June 13th and ending on Tuesday, August 15th.
Applications to the MyCITY 2Gen Summer Program are now open! Click here to apply.
Check out our other programs!
- MyCITY - MyCITY is a summer youth employment program for young people ages 14 - 21 that serves as the gateway to paid internship and work experience.
- CareerNOW - CareerNOW is a free, hands-on, short-term career training program for individuals interested in obtaining an industry recognized credential.
“"It was so nice to learn alongside my kids and hear the things I have embedded in them being shared by other adults. I joined the program for them and realized I learned just as much!"”
— Past 2Gen participant
Have any questions about the MyCITY 2Gen Program? Check out the FAQs or email us at 2Gen@kresa.org