CareerNOW is a free, hands-on, short-term career training program for individuals interested in obtaining an industry recognized credential. As a career pathway modeled program, CareerNOW helps individuals not only get certified and employed, but also to develop a plan to continue climbing their career ladder in industries with in-demand and well-paying occupations by providing the following services:
- Career exploration and pathway planning
- Full or partial tuition payment
- Supply of required training materials/supplies/textbooks
- Support services (i.e. transportation assistance)
- Barrier navigation and resolution
- Certification exam fee stipend
- Paid summer internships
- Job placement assistance and employment retention
Available Training Programs
The certification programs through CareerNOW are all state- and nationally- recognized certifications/credentials. Training programs are selected based on participant interest and industry demand. For the summer of 2021, the following short-term training programs are anticipated:
- Early Childhood Education
- Culinary Arts
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Construction Trades
Training courses are held at training facilities throughout Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo and St. Joseph counties.
- Age 18-21
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to participate in entirety of program
How to Apply
Training programs are offered on a year-round basis. Interested individuals can apply at any point during the year and Lisa Smith, CareerNOW Coordinator, will connect with you to prepare you for the next available training program in your field of interest.
The application for summer 2021 CareerNOW training programs is now open!
Contact Lisa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-775-1660.