Cosmetology & BarberingThis is a state-certified program of instruction designed to prepare students to become a licensed professional cosmetologist or barber. Michigan's cosmetology course includes 1,500 clock hours (barbering includes 2,000) of mandatory attendance. In order to complete this requirement, students must be committed to attending the program during an extended day all through their junior and senior years and the summer that falls between. Students not meeting this requirement during their EFE enrollment will need to complete the program at their own expense. Upon successful completion of this prerequisite, students will be prepared to take their Michigan State Board Exam.
Credits & Certifications
- 2nd World Language Credit
- 3rd Science Credit
- Visual Performing & Applied Arts Credit
- Cosmetology Licensure Available
- College Credit: Ferris State University
Eligibility & Prerequisites
- This course is available to 11th-grade students with a 2-year commitment
- Cosmetology Hours: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Barbering Hours: 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- 240 Summer clock hours required for 11th-grade students
- Students must follow the program dress code
- Interested students must complete an additional application for the Cosmetology & Barbering program
- Make-up Artist
- Manicure Technician
Testimonial"The EFE Cosmetology program has provided me with a lifetime career, completely free!" — Yazmene Vanderbor