CareerNOW is a free, hands-on, short-term career training program for individuals interested in obtaining an industry recognized credential. As a career pathway modeled program, CareerNOW helps individuals not only get certified and employed, but also to develop a plan to continue climbing their career ladder in industries with in-demand and well-paying occupations by providing the following services:
- Career exploration and pathway planning
- Full or partial tuition payment
- Supply of required training materials/supplies/textbooks
- Support services (i.e. transportation assistance)
- Barrier navigation and resolution
- Certification exam fee stipend
- Paid summer internships
- Job placement assistance and employment retention
Available Training Programs
The certification programs through CareerNOW are all state- and nationally- recognized certifications/credentials. Training programs are selected based on participant interest and industry demand. Examples of short-term training programs include:
- Early Childhood Education
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Culinary Arts Pre-Apprenticeship
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Patient Care Aide (PCA)
- Apprenticeship opportunities in Manufacturing/ Skilled Trades
- Other opportunities in development
Training courses are held at training facilities throughout Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo and St. Joseph counties.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to learn more about the various training programs in detail, including start date, training location, length of training, and more.
- In school/ CTE students - ages 16-18 years old
- Out of school - ages 18-24 years old
- Ages 18-24 years old
- Some programs require a high school diploma or equivalent
How to Apply
Training programs are offered on a year-round basis. Interested individuals can apply at any point during the year and Erin Bargo, CareerNOW Career Coach, will connect with you to prepare you for the next available training program in your field of interest. To get in touch with Erin, you can reach her by emailing Careernow@kresa.org
The application for CareerNOW is live! Please click here to submit a CareerNOW Training Application.
Contact program coordinator Lisa Smith at email@example.com or 269-775-1660.
Have any questions about the CareerNOW Training Programs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Program Information
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Early Childhood Education
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Patient Care Aide (PCA)
Welding/ Skilled Trades
Check out our other programs!
- MyCITY - MyCITY is a summer youth employment program for young people ages 14 - 21 that serves as the gateway to paid internship and work experience.
- MyCITY 2Gen - MyCITY 2Gen is a nine-week paid career exploration and pathway planning program for Kalamazoo families.