MyCITY is a summer youth employment program that serves as the gateway to paid internship and work experience. For just seven weeks this summer, you can get paid to explore as many career paths as you want, develop leadership skills, learn how to set goals and hold yourself accountable, and connect with employers in your community. This program is open to City of Kalamazoo residents age 14-21 who are ready to take the next – or first – step on their career pathway.
- Must be 14- to 21-years old as of June 20, 2023
- City resident of Kalamazoo
- Interest in planning and working on a future career pathway
When is the MyCITY Program, and how long will it last?
The start date for our MyCITY Kalamazoo 2023 summer employment program will be Monday, June 19th, and the program will end on Friday, August 4th. Specific start dates may vary depending on program pathway and there may be mandatory orientation dates prior to the start of programming. Check out the FAQ section to make sure you're prepared to apply!
Click here to submit an application to the MyCITY 2023 Summer Program!
MyCITY Kalamazoo is Funded by the City of Kalamazoo's Foundation for Excellence
Check out our other programs!
- CareerNOW - CareerNOW is a free, hands-on, short-term career training program for individuals ages 18 - 24 who are interested in obtaining an industry recognized credential.
- MyCITY 2Gen - MyCITY 2Gen is a nine-week paid career exploration and pathway planning program for Kalamazoo families.
“MyCITY helped me realize how much architecture is needed right now, what the salary is, and other information about the job. Virtual Job Shadow was helpful because it showed me a wide variety of different careers I could do—a lot of careers on there were ones I had never heard of!”
— Grace Getachew, MyCITY 2021 participant
Have any questions about the MyCITY Programs? Check out the MyCITY FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org