Summer Career Development Programs
Three career development programs designed to help you make the most of your summer break, while getting paid.
- Open to city residents of Kalamazoo between the ages of 14-21 as of June 20, 2022
- Seven week long paid career development program
- Geared for youth interested in planning and working on a future career pathway
- Applications for the 2022 program are now closed.
MyCITY 2 Gen
- MyCITY 2Gen is a paid summer career pathway program for youth ages 14-21 who are enrolled in the MyCITY program and the adults in their life who are interested in a new career path, building employability skills, or furthering their education.
- Interested in further exploring topics such as sources of strength, building confidence, and working as a family to advance your career goals, stay tuned for more information on this exclusive new program for Kalamazoo families.
- Applications are now open!
- Young adults between the ages of 18 – 24 years old (or 17 years old and expecting to graduate this June)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Anticipated summer short-term training programs include: Early Childhood Education, Certified Nurse Aid (CNA), Phlebotomy, Healthcare Worker Training, and more!
Discover your future with career exploration
Find out about different career pathways that align with your skills and interests.
Learn employability skills from one-on-one career coaching
Career coaches will work with you to learn the skills employers are looking for—including soft skills, leadership, goal setting, accountability and networking— to help you take the next step toward finding your future career.
Gain real job experience through paid internships
You’ll participate in a seven-week internship to keep stay productive engaged and boredom-free this summer, while getting paid for your work!
Network with local employers
We’ll help you make valuable connections with local professionals and employers who are hiring in your community.