- Career Connect
KRESA Career Connect to Host Open House February 6, 2024 5 - 7:30 p.m.
Annual KRESA Career Connect Open House to be held at Air Zoo
Families are welcome to explore free career, college and arts opportunities available through Kalamazoo RESA’s Career Connect programming
Kalamazoo County middle and high school students and their families are invited to discover the many free educational opportunities available to them at the Kalamazoo RESA (KRESA) Career Connect Open House on Tuesday, Feb. 6, 5-7:30 p.m. at the Air Zoo, 6151 Portage Rd.
Students can explore more than 50 classes and other programs to identify which would best prepare them for their unique futures. Staff, teachers, and current and former students will be on hand to answer questions and discuss their experiences. Business and industry partners will also be in attendance to highlight their collaboration in various work-based learning and internship opportunities available within these programs. The KRESA Career Connect Discovery Lab will also be on- site for attendees to explore!
“I highly encourage all students and families to come check out the Career Connect continuum of services at this year’s Open House,” said Eric Stewart, KRESA Career Connect Assistant Superintendent for Career and Talent Development.
“Whether it be high school CTE courses, work-based learning opportunities, career coaching, or innovative arts programming, our services are built to help young people unlock the door to possibility and opportunity,” added Stewart. “Come step into a community that cares about your success – because your journey is our passion.”
The event will provide information on programs available to students across Kalamazoo County and adult family members.
The following KRESA Career Connect programs will be represented:
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) | Innovative, hands-on career preparation courses that develop professional skills and offer industry experience and credentials
- Education for the Arts (EFA) | Arts-intensive courses in theater, music and dance, as well as the visual, media and literary arts, and more
- Early/Middle College (EMC) | Dual- enrollment with KVCC to simultaneously complete a high school diploma and an associate degree
- Out-of-School-Time Career Learning | A continuum of career development services and internships through programs including CareerNOW, MyCITY and 2Gen
- Discovery Lab | Mobile learning lab featuring hands-on technology in supply chain, welding and design
*For weather cancelations, date will be Thursday, February 8, 2024, at the Air Zoo
The Kalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency provides a continuum of educational services and support to students, families, school districts and communities. Learn more about Kalamazoo RESA at kresa.org.