How to EnrollClick the button above and apply for the Kalamazoo RESA Head Start program by filling out the Kalamazoo County Pre-K application. You can download a hard copy of the application here (en Español)
EligibilityAt least one of the following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for the Head Start program:
If you need help determining if your child is eligible, please call Head Start at 269-250-9845 or the Head Start location nearest you.Applications are accepted year-round from families who meet the eligibility criteria. The Head Start program runs throughout the school year. If classes are full, we will add your child’s name to a waiting list.
- Family income must be at or below the federal poverty guideline, or
- Family is receiving public assistance (TANF or SSI), or
- Family is homeless, or
- The child is in foster care, or
- The child has a diagnosed disability
- There is no charge for Head Start Services
To start the enrollment process, simply contact Head Start at 269-250-9845 or the Head Start location nearest you and schedule an appointment. During the appointment, a staff member will help you fill out the necessary paperwork. Please bring the following information with you:
- Proof of income (last year's W-2, TANF, SSI, pay stubs)
- Proof of birth date for each child to be enrolled. For those unable to pay for birth certificates, we have an in-house system available. Information to obtain Kalamazoo County birth certificates is available on the Kalamazoo County Government website.
- Current immunization records
- Recent physical (within on year) and dental examination report (within 6 months)
- Medicaid or insurance card