Work-based learning helps students understand how course content applies to their future and allows students to interact with employees/employers to better understand the nature of work and opportunities available.
Students involved in Work-Based Learning:
- Are better prepared for future employment and promotion
- May earn money to support future goals
- Have improved attendance and better grades
- Are more interested in additional education and training
- Develop better problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
- Are more goal-oriented
- Better understand real-life issues
- Have increased focus and purpose
The proper balance between classroom and work-based experiences results in high academic and technical achievement.